Follow us on Twitter
Welcome to Springfield Medical Centre
Try our ADA App
ADA will help you understand your symptoms and guide you to the relevant treatment options.
A symptom assessment with Ada takes 2-3 minutes and once it has completed you will see potential causes for your symptoms.
Download ADA for free
Our Nurse Mia Skelly has been awarded with the Queen's Nurse Title!
Queen’s Nurses serve as leaders and role models in community nursing, delivering high quality health care across the country.
The application and assessment process to become a Queen's Nurse is rigorous and requires clear commitment to improving care for patients, their families and carers.
Changes to our appointment system
From Monday 4th June most of the ‘Same Day Appointments’ will be released for on-line booking at 18:30 the previous day.
Read here about our Appointment System and make sure you register for on-line services!
New evening Smear Test Clinics starting from April
Due to big demand we have started running dedicated Smear Test Clinics every Tuesday afternoon from 16:30 until 19:30 with Nurse Karen.
Smear tests can help prevent 75% of cervical cancers from developing yet 1 in 4 women don't attend. Are you up to date with Yours?
Call us to book your appointment or book it on-line!
Important update on changes to prescribing policy in Lambeth!
- As of 2nd October 2017 Lambeth CCG no longer supports the routine prescribing of medications for acute (short-term) illnesses, minor and/or self-limiting conditions; and health supplements.
This is to encourage patients to self care, ease pressure on NHS services and free up clinician time for people who have more complex healthcare needs.
Please visit CCG website for more information about self-care, where you can find very useful fact-sheets about managing common conditions like Children's fever, Headaches and Lower Back Pain just to mention few!
Please follow this link to read the Position Statement issued by CCG Lambeth.
- Malaria prevention medicines and the following travel vaccinations: hepatitis B (monovalent vaccine and combination vaccine with hepatitis A), meningitis ACWY135, yellow fever, Japanese B encephalitis, tick-borne encephalitis and rabies vaccine will no longer be prescribed on the NHS.
Here you can read the Position Statement.
Springfield Medical Centre is part of a larger new development by Family Mosaic Housing that includes rented and shared ownership homes. The council has moved some of its services here and the local community can to hire rooms for events. Both NHS Lambeth and Lambeth Council have made significant investments in 110 Union Road to make it a focus for children's services. midwifery, health visiting, speech and language therapy, crèche, nursery and other services are all provided at this centre.
Springfield Statement of purpose
At Springfield Medical Centre, our aim is to provide high quality care for our patients. The care we provide is both holistic and person centred. We aim to achieve the following:
- Promote wellbeing and provide services that improve health outcomes for our community
- Work with our patients and act as advocates for them
- Listen to and respond to patient needs. Deliver services that are representative to both our local community and our commissioners
- Ensure the efficient use of resources and provide services that are equitable, accessible and of high quality
- Ensure that dignity, respect and compassion are shown to all patients
- Promote clinical safety and respond to any concerns and significant events in a timely manner. Facilitate a culture of learning and being responsive to the needs of the local community.
Our commitment to you:
- We will respect your confidentiality
- We will provide you with information about our services
- We will treat you with both courtesy and respect
- We will provide high quality clinical care
- We will be honest and professional at all times
- We will respond to your complaints in a timely manner
- We will continually strive to improve the quality of service that we provide
Do It On-line now you can book an appointment, check your blood test results and request your repeat prescription on-line with Patient Access!
Go to the Patient Access Website or download the app for your mobile!
Please read the guidance for on-line bookings before making an appointment!
Unwell over the weekend?
Check out the 'When we are closed' section to see where to look for advice.
Busy schedule? Looking for an advanced booking evening or weekend appointment?
If we do not have any appointments left or the times of the appointments are not suitable for you, you will be offered an appointment or telephone consultation with the GP ACCESS HUBS in one of the four locations across Lambeth:
Our GP Access Hubs offer appointments seven days a week:
12:00–20:00 Monday to Friday
08:00–20:00 Weekends and Bank Holidays
Contact us to book an appointment with GP ACCESS HUBS.
Private DNA testing by the same accredited team which carries out DNA testing for the Jeremy Kyle show is now available here on Mondays and Thursdays click here for booking info http://www.alphabiolabs.co.uk/
(Site updated 01/05/2019)