10/12/19 The practice will be closed on Tuesday 10/12/19 from 13:00 due to staff training. We will open again on Friday as usual from 08:00 to 18:30
18-04-19 We wish you a happy Easter! The practice will be closed during the bank holiday period ( 19/04/19 - 22/04/19), we will be open again on Tuesday 23rd of April as usual from 08:00am to 18:30pm. Happy holidays from Springfield Medical Centre
21-01-19 It's the Cervical Cancer Awareness Week #SMEARforSMEAR! Smear tests can help prevent 75% of cervical cancers from developing, yet 1 in 4 women don't attend. Are you up to date with Yours?
Book your appointment online on our dedicated evening smear clinics.
03-12-18 Join us in protect antibiotics against the growing threat of antibiotic resistance at http://www.antibioticguardian.com/
11-07-18:Feeling unwell? Try out our ADA App for instant results to your symptoms. ADA will help guide you to the most appropriate treatment options for you!
24-05-18: From Monday 4th June we will be making part of the 'Same Day Appointments' available for on-line booking!
10-04-18: Due to big demand we have started running dedicated Smear Test Clinics every Tuesday afternoon from 16:30 until 19:30 with Nurse Karen. Call us to book your appointment or book it on-line!
02-01-18: Now we run early morning clinics on Tuesdays! On-line bookable GP appointments are available from 07:30.
02-10-17: Important update on changes to prescribing policy in Lambeth!
- As of 2nd October 2017 Lambeth CCG no longer supports the routine prescribing of medications for acute (short-term) illnesses, minor and/or self-limiting conditions; and health supplements available over the counter.
This is to encourage patients to self care, ease pressure on NHS services and free up clinician time for people who have more complex healthcare needs.
Please visit CCG website for more information about self-care, where you can find very useful fact-sheets about managing common conditions like Children's fever, Headaches and Lower Back Pain just to mention few!
Please follow this link to read the Position Statement issued by CCG Lambeth.
- Malaria prevention medicines and the following travel vaccinations: hepatitis B (monovalent vaccine and combination vaccine with hepatitis A), meningitis ACWY135, yellow fever, Japanese B encephalitis, tick-borne encephalitis and rabies vaccine will no longer be prescribed on the NHS.
Here you can read the Position Statement.
As a consequence we have suspended our Travel Clinics as all of the above mentioned medication and vaccines would need to be issued on private script which can be as well obtained from Private Travel Clinics and Pharmacies providing Travel Services.
02-10-17: Did you know that almost 2 in 10 appointments are wasted at our surgery due to failure to attend? Please read our new DNA policy.
26/06/17: Any comments? We would love to hear from you if you have any feedback or suggestions regarding our services and website. Fill in the form to get in touch!
16-06-17: Follow us on Twitter for reliable news on health and wellbeing
25-05-17: Only one day left to 'Have Your Say' about the proposed changes to prescribing guidelines in Lambeth. Read the Consultation Document and fill in the survey if you are being affected by the issue.
10-05-17: Now you can access your medical records on-line. Come to the surgery with your ID to request access to your TEST RESULTS, MEDICAL HISTORY and IMMUNISATIONS.
05-05-17: Have Your Say about the proposed changes to prescribing guidelines in Lambeth. Read the Consultation Document and fill in the survey if you are being affected by the issue.
05-05-17: Have you met our Primary Care Navigator? Lurana Goldring can help you accessing local services that will improve your Health and Wellbeing and quality of life!
Care Navigation refers to assistance offered to patients and carers in identifying and accessing the systems and support that are available to them within health and social care and beyond. They support people to make positive choices to promote good health and emotional wellbeing and can often provide a non-medical referral option that can support existing medical treatments for patients.
Springfield Statement of purpose
At Springfield Medical Centre, our aim is to provide high quality care for our patients. The care we provide is both holistic and person centred. We aim to achieve the following:
- Promote wellbeing and provide services that improve health outcomes for our community
- Work with our patients and act as advocates for them
- Listen to and respond to patient needs. Deliver services that are representative to both our local community and our commissioners
- Ensure the efficient use of resources and provide services that are equitable, accessible and of high quality
- Ensure that dignity, respect and compassion are shown to all patients
- Promote clinical safety and respond to any concerns and significant events in a timely manner. Facilitate a culture of learning and being responsive to the needs of the local community
Our commitment to you:
- We will respect your confidentiality
- We will provide you with information about our services
- We will treat you with both courtesy and respect
- We will provide high quality clinical care
- We will be honest and professional at all times
- We will respond to your complaints in a timely manner
- We will continually strive to improve the quality of service that we provide