Terms and Conditions
At the moment available for on-line booking are:
- GP appointments
- Smear Test/ Contraception appointments with the Practice Nurse
- Asthma reviews
- Health Checks
- Smoking Cessation session
1. Online appointments are only available for medical problems.
2. Please make sure you are booking your appointment with appropriate clinician. Cervical Screening, NHS Health Checks, Travel Vaccinations, Immunisations etc. need to be booked with the Practice Nurse.
3. Online ‘GP appointments’ should NOT be booked for the following:
- Admin such as DWP forms or any other forms, medicals for insurance, PCO/DVLA etc. 
- Any kind of long term condition review such as COPD, CVD, Asthma, or Diabetes
- Antenatal/Postnatal appointments (including 6 week checks)
- Or any appointment that requires more than a single appointment slot (for example for interpreter)
If an online appointment is booked for any of these reasons it will be cancelled and reallocated.
4. Appointments booked online are to be cancelled by the patient as soon as it is determined that it is no longer required. If you fail to cancel your appointment your access to on-line booking will be blocked for 1 month.
5. Patients with a history of non-attendance at pre-booked appointments (without cancelling) will not normally be granted access to on-line appointment booking, however the remainder of the facilities will be considered.
6. The messaging system is not to be used for urgent requests and queries or medical emergencies.
7. The Practice will not allow misuse of the online system and will monitor usage by individual patients. Where it is considered that a patient is misusing the system or is acting in a way detrimental to the availability of the appointment system a warning letter will be issued. Where the situation does not improve, or recurs, access will be removed permanently and without further notice, at the discretion of the Partners.
8. One of the following checks should be carried out to ascertain the patient’s identity:
- Checking photo ID; for example, a passport or driving licence and a bank statement or council tax statement
- If the patient has no ID but is well known to the surgery, a member of staff may be able to confirm their identity.
- If the patient has no ID and is not well known to the surgery, the ability to answer questions about the information in their GP record may confirm that the record is theirs.
 Available to book on-line – look for ‘Smear Test’ slots
 Available to book on-line – look for ‘Health Check’ slots
 If you have any paperwork that requires a doctor’s signature or report, please leave this with reception who will allocate this to the correct individual. Please note that most forms do not require you to be seen in order to complete and may attract an additional charge.
 Available to book on-line – look for ‘Asthma Clinic’ slots