Out of area registrations
New arrangements give people greater choice when choosing a GP practice. Patients may approach any GP practice, even if they live outside the practice area, to see if they will be accepted on to the patient list.
- GP practices now have the option to register patients who live outside the practice area but without any obligation to provide home visits.
- Out of area registration is voluntary for GP practices meaning patients may be refused because they live out of area.
- If your application is considered the GP practice will only register you without home visits if it is clinically appropriate and practical in your individual case.
- We may decide that it is not in your best interest nor practical for you to be registered this way and we may advise you to register (or remain registered) with a more local practice.
- If accepted but your health needs change we may review your registration to see if it would be more appropriate for you to be registered with a GP practice closer to your home.
- This new arrangement only applier to GP practices and patients who live in England.
Click here to download a OOA registration request. Out of Area Reg Request