GDPR: What you need to know
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the new EU data protection regulation which will come in to play in May 2018.
It will essentially strengthen your consumer rights surrounding how personal data is collected, used and shared, putting you in control of what we do with your details
Consent and the law of confidence
The law of confidentiality is separate GDPR rules .We will continue to apply rules of confidentiality in direct care we provide for you
When you use our website
We do not collect or store any information about you when you visit our site. Our website does not use tracking cookies or analytics tools to record any information from unregistered users and how you use our website, for example which features you have used and which pages you have visited
When you contact US
When you contact us, you are consenting to us collecting and using any personal information or data that you supply. This includes the name and email address that you use to contact us.
When you register with us
When you register with us, you are consenting to us collecting and using the personal information and data that you supply.
- your email address and personal details when you register
- other information you enter manually via our website or mobile applications
- what information we send to you via emails
- how you use GP app, like booking appointments on line
- questions, queries or feedback you send when you contact us
This data is used by Dr Basudevs Practice is to:
- enable us to provide our services to you
- gather feedback to improve our services and respond to any feedback you send us
- send email and SMS notifications to you
- send emails and SMS about new products and services
- provide you with information about our services
- send emails and SMS about promotions we are offering
- allow you to access practice to make appointments , request medication
We won’t ever email you to ask for your password or other account information. If you receive such an email, please send it to us so we can investigate.
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your device by a web server which enables a website to facilitate your ongoing access to and use of a website. When you log in to our website, cookies get stored on your computer which keep you logged in to the website. We do not store "tracking cookies" on your computer like many other websites do.
Where your data is stored
We store your data on secure servers in Leeds (EMIS HQ) in the United Kingdom. We retain your data indefinitely, and you have the right at any time to request a copy of the data we hold about you.
Keeping your data secure
We ensure that all data to and from our website is encrypted which prevents anyone reading or tampering with the data while it is in transit. Any data you send is at your own risk. We have procedures and security features in place to keep your data secure once we receive it.
Disclosing your information
We may pass on your personal information if we have a legal obligation to do so, including exchanging information with government departments for legal reasons.
We only pass your personal information to another health care professional to improve your care when referring you to hospital. Your personal data is only transmitted through encrypted secure N3 connection
We only disclose your information to third party with your consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and you can request that we delete your data and any data we hold about that may not be accurate.
However, there are a number of grounds on which we can rely to keep personal data. These include if the data is needed for:
- the delivery of public services;
- the protection of public health; or
- The establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- The data held are justified according to collaborative evidence
You can also request a copy of any or all data that we hold about you. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority if you feel that your rights have not been upheld.
Further information about your rights can be found at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
Links to other websites
Our Website contains hyperlinks to other third party websites.
Find out More